BIDDERS MUST BE PRE-APPROVED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY BID SALE. To become an approved vendor contact us and we will send you the required paperwork. If you were an active bidder with NGAS before then you are still approved at this time and do not need to take any action.
ITEMS TO BE SOLD ON A LOT BASIS ONLY
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS), as Seller, invites you to submit a bid for the merchandise offered for sale and listed herein, subject to the following provisions:
1. All items listed will be SOLD AS IS AND WHERE IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE. Bidder-Buyer understands and agrees; (1) that it is purchasing the described property for non-flight or non-agricultural purposes; (2) than ANY DESCRIPTION OR SAMPLE of the Property given or furnished by Northrop Grumman is based on the best available information, is solely for identification purposes and does not create a warranty that the property shall conform to such description or sample.
THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES BY NORTHROP GRUMMAN, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED ARISING BY LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS NOR DOES NORTHROP GRUMMAN HAVE ANY OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, OR PURCHASER ANY RIGHT, CLAIM, CAUSE OF ACTION OR REMEDY IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, WHETHER OR NOT ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF NORTHROP GRUMMAN; AND (5) NORTHROP GRUMMAN DISCLAIMS AND IS RELIEVED FROM ALL DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
2. Bidder-Buyer is bound by and shall comply with all Federal, State and local laws and regulation in connection with any property purchased and in the removal, resale of the property, including without limitation all laws and regulations dealing with the export of technical data and technology such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Arms Export Control Act. Buyer/Recipient shall comply with all federal, state, and local health, safety and environmental laws, rules, and regulations regarding the management and disposal of items received.
3. Buyer agrees that any purchased parts or material items will not be disassembled for the purposes of reverse engineering, nor sold to anyone for this purpose.
4. Adjustment for variation in quantity or weight: when Property is sold on a “unit price” basis, Northrop Grumman reserves the right to vary the quantity or weight delivered by fifteen percent (15%) from the quantity or weight listed in the invitation; and the Buyer agrees to accept deliver of any quantity or weight within these limits. The purchase prices shall be adjusted upwards or downwards in accordance with the unit price and on the basis of the quantity or weight actually delivered. No adjustment for variation shall be made where Property is sold on a “price for the lot” basis.
5. If a resale certificate number and/or copy of your certificate is not on file, the Bidder shall pay to NGAS the amount of any tax which NGAS may be required to pay or collect as a result of the sale to or use by the bidder hereunder. All such taxes will be itemized on the billing document.
6. Prospective bidders are encouraged to inspect the property before bidding. Because of Security considerations, our procedure is as follows: Cell phones and photos will not be permitted. Directions to the bid area will be on the invitation to bid.
7. ALL BID SHEETS, PROCEEDS PAYMENTS, AND OTHER RELATED SALE DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO NGAS UNDER THE SAME COMPANY NAME.
8. Bidders are encouraged to record their bid quotes in the spaces provided on the attached Bid Offer Sheet. In order to be considered all offers must include:
Amount of offer
9. Bids may be submitted:
10. Awards are based solely on the earliest, highest responsive bid received.
11. All items in the awarded lot(s) MUST BE REMOVED from our premises at the buyer’s expense during the time specified on the Invitation to Bid.
12. Terms of payment are Certified Check, Cashier’s Check, or Money Order at the time the merchandise is removed from our premises. Company Checks will be accepted from established buyers. Proceeds must be made payable to the party named in the Bid Award Letter.
13. Failure to comply with any or all of the provisions in the “Invitation to Bid and Contract” may result in the termination of contract if not corrected within three (3) days after written notice from the Seller.
14. Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems retains the right to refuse any or all bids and its decision will be final.
15. The bidder must be an employee representing a U.S. company. The bidder certifies that he is not: (1) under 21 years of age; (2) a civilian employee of the Department of Defense or the United States Coast Guard whose duties include any functional or supervisory responsibility for disposal of Northrop Grumman inventory; (3) a member of the Armed Forces for the United States, including the United States Coast Guard whose duties include any functional or supervisory responsibility for disposal of Northrop Grumman inventory; (4)an agent, employee or immediate member of the household of personnel in (2) and (3) above (the foregoing (2), (3), and (4) apply to Government property sales only); (5) a current NG employee, consultant or contractor to NGAS or Northrop Grumman Corporation and any of its sectors or subsidiaries; (6) an agent, employee or immediate member of the household or personnel so associated with Northrop Grumman Corporation; (7) a non-U.S. Citizen.
16. Claims liability indemnification/compliance with laws: The Bidder-Buyer agrees to save Northrop Grumman and Government harmless from any and all claims, demands, actions, debts, liabilities, judgments, costs, and attorney’s fees arising out of, claimed on account of, or in any manner predicated upon loss of or damage to property of, and injuries to or the death of any and all persons whatsoever, in any manner caused or contributed to by the Bidder-Buyer, his agents, servants, employees or representatives while in, upon, or about the sale or the property site on which the Property sold or offered for sale is located, or while going to or departing from such areas: and to save Northrop Grumman and Government harmless from and on account of damages of any kind which Northrop Grumman may suffer as the result of the acts of any of the Buyer’s agents, servants, representative or employees while in or about the said sites. Bidder-Buyer further agrees to save Northrop Grumman harmless from any and all claims, demands, actions, debts, liabilities, judgments, costs, and attorney’s fees associated with the removal of the property from Northrop Grumman’s premises
17. Use of Northrop Grumman’s name: Buyer agrees not to use Northrop Grumman’s name in connection with the Property of this sale in any manner including, but not limited to, advertising that the Property was Northrop Grumman surplus or was formerly owned by Northrop Grumman or TRW.
18. The Bidder specifically agrees that his bid is bound by and complies with these General Sales terms and conditions of sale. Your offer and our acceptance in writing shall constitute the contract between Buyer and Seller.